UKG Syllabus for English, Maths, Hindi, EVS, GK and Conversation (For CBSE, ICSE, ISE, SSC, CAMBRIDGE, IB and State Boards) UKG/KG2 Syllabus is useful for teachers and parents to teach the children. UKG Syllabus for main subjects like English, Mathematics, EVS, Moral Science, General Knowledge and Conversation.
UKG Syllabus For CBSE, ICSE, ISE, SSC, CAMBRIDGE, IB and State Boards Schools
If you are a teacher or parent, the UKG syllabus is helpful to teach your child. CBSE or ICSE schools teach the children the following subjects:
- EVS/Moral Science,
- General Knowledge
UKG Syllabus English (Reading and Writing)
- Capital and Small Letters (Aa-Zz)
- Vowels and consonants
- Sound of vowel ‘a’ (Teach the students to read, write and fill in the blanks with the vowel ‘a’)
- Sound of vowel ‘e’
- Sound of vowel ‘i’
- Sound of vowel ‘o’
- Sound of vowel ‘u’
- Practice all sounds – Matching/Filling/Completing
- Use of a and an
- Use of This and That
- Use of These and Those
- Use of He and She
- Use of They and Their
- Use of I and My
- Use of You and Your
- Prepositions – in, at, on, under, behind,
- Action Words
- Sight Words
- Words with each letter (A – ask, arm, ant)
- Singular and Plural (one and more than one)
- Reading – (two, three, four, five letters words)
- Use of Has and Have
- Picture Composition (Making sentences on objects/myself/family/school)
- Story Telling
- Use Flashcards and Worksheets
- Identify pictures and name them
- Rearrange the jumbled letters
- Pictures Vocabulary (Animals, Birds, Fruits, Colors, Vegetables,
- Is, am and are
- Was and were
Teach the child to trace the letters, words and Sentences. The following topics may help your child improving cursive handwriting.
- 1. Pattern Tracing
- 2. Alphabet Tracing (Small and Capital)
- 3. Write Capital letters
- 4. Write Small letters
- 5. Two Letters Words Writing in Cursive
- 6. Three Letters Words Writing in Cursive
- 7. Four Letters Words Writing in Cursive
- 8. Five Letters Words Writing in Cursive
- 9. Mixed Vowels and Consonants Words Writing
- 10. Sentence Writing in Cursive
- 11. Writing name and family members name in Cursive
Maths Syllabus For UKG
UKG Maths Syllabus is consists of reading, writing and identifying the objects and shapes, comparing objects and telling time.
UKG Maths Syllabus (Written)
- Numbers Revision
- Forward Counting
- Backward Counting
- Skip Counting
- Number Names
- Count and Write
- What comes after?
- What comes before?
- What comes between?
- The smallest and largest numbers
- Comparing Numbers ( Greater than/Less Than, Equal to)
- Ascending Order
- Descending Order
- Place Value
- Tens, Ones
- Expanded Form
- Addition (Picture, Vertical, Horizontal)
- Subtraction (Picture, Vertical, Horizontal)
- Addition of two digits
Geometry (Oral and Written)
- Biggest and Smallest
- Tallest and Shortest
- Heaviest and Smallest
- Thickest and Thinnest
- Front and Back
- On and Under
- Right and Left
- Top and Bottom
- Telling Time
- Money (Counting coins and Currency Notes)
- Shapes (Identifying shapes, colouring and matching)
- Solid cube
- Days of the week
- Months of the year
- Tables (2×1=2)
Conversation For UKG
Conversation plays an important role in developing a child’s speaking and listening skills. Teachers and parents can have a look at the following topics which may be useful to teach the children to speak on a specific topic. The teacher can initiate a conversation amongst the students by asking the question like “What is your name”? “Where do you live”, “How old are you”, “What is the name of your school”. Students will speak about Myself with proper pronunciation while speaking.
Conversation Questions for UKG
Q.1 In which class do you study?
A.1 I study in class U.K.G. ………..
Q.2 What is the name of your class teacher?
A.2 The name of my class teacher is ………….
Q.3 What things do you see in your classroom?
A.3 I see board, duster, chalk, and charts in my class.
Q.4 How many days in a week?
A.4 There are seven days in a week.
Q.5 Name the seven days of the week?
A.5 Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday
Learning Conversation Outcomes
- The children get to talk freely among peers and express their ideas.
- They get encouraged to face the audience confidently while maintaining correct eye contact.
- They learn to concentrate on their peers without interrupting while they’re speaking.
- They learn to means the errors their peers make while speaking and proper their mistakes and eventually learn from them.
- They are available to understand their friends more during this process. this may help them develop their expression, imagination and pronunciation, vocabulary development and essentials of grammar. Students will learn to settle on words to make meaningful sentences.
General Knowledge Syllabus for UKG
Students of UKG can start learning about General Vocabulary like objects, places, pictures, etc. General Knowledge Syllabus follows as under:
- My Family
- My School
- My country
- Our Earth
- Our Helpers
- National Symbols
- Monuments of India
- Wonders of the world
- Places in Neighborhood
- In the house
- In the classroom
- Parts of body
- Name of animals and their young ones, birds, fruits, vegetables, flowers, and colors
UKG Syllabus for Hindi
If your child studies Hindi in school, you may refer these topics to teach your child. You may have a look at the syllabus below.
- हिंदी वर्णमाला
- संयुक्त व्यंजन
- अतिरिक्त वर्ण
- बिना मात्रा वाले शब्दों का रिवीजन
- मात्रा ज्ञान
- आ की मात्रा इ ई उ ऊ ऋ ए ऐ ओ औ अं अ: की मात्रा वाले शब्दों को लिखना।
- अनुनासिक का प्रयोग (कांच, आंच)
- चित्र देखकर नाम बोलना व लिखना
- दिए हुए वर्णों से शब्द बनाना
- चित्र को उसके नाम के पहले वर्ण से मिलाना
- हिंदी गीत माला
- आ से ज्ञा तक हिंदी वर्णमाला
- बिना मात्रा वाले शब्दों को लिखना
- मात्रा वाले शब्दों को लिखना
- चित्रों के नाम लिखना
- सही शब्द चुनना
- रिक्त स्थान
- अपना नाम माता पिता का नाम व विद्यालय का नाम लिखना
- जानवरों पक्षियों फलों फलों व सब्जियों के नाम लिखना सिखाना
- अपने बारे में लिखना वह अपना परिचय देना सिखाना
- घर, स्कूल, मित्र, माता-पिता आदि के बारे में छोटे-छोटे वाक्य लिखना।
- इमला लिखना
- गाय, कुत्ता, सेब, संतरा, फल, फूल, पक्षी आदि पर निबंध पांच या 10 वाक्यों में लिखना।
UKG Syllabus for EVS/Moral Science/Social Studies
- Our Family
- Our House
- Our School
- Places Around us (Post Office, Hospital, Railway Station, Bank, Police Station, Temple)
- Good Manners
- People who help us
- Our Festivals
- Safety Habits
You may also like:
UKG Syllabus for English, Maths, Hindi, EVS, GK and Conversation
1 thought on “UKG Syllabus for English, Maths, Hindi, EVS, GK and Conversation”
I want to purchase the Books for UKG for the above syllabus and work sheet also.