Last Updated on June 24, 2023 by Toppr Nation
What are examples of Noun? Examples of Noun in sentences. Use of Nouns in Sentences, Know how nouns are used in English Grammar with rules. 100 Examples of nouns in sentences can teach you how a noun functions as a part of speech. When we write a sentence, we start it with a subject or noun. A subject may be a noun.
We know that the word ‘noun‘ is the name of a person, place, thing, animal, bird, and idea. The noun means name. We identify the people and things with their names. as; John, Bible, Pen, New York, California, Smartphone, Lion, Gold, etc.
There are five types of nouns in English grammar; Proper, Common, Collective, Material, and Abstract Noun. Some nouns can be counted and some nouns cannot be counted. Let’s read the sentences/examples of nouns below;
100 Examples of Nouns in Sentences
Examples of Noun:
- The United States of America is the greatest country.
- She bought a new carpet two days ago.
- I have been learning music since January.
- He has visited the hospital five times.
- George changed the password of his computer last night.
- People don’t like to walk in winter.
- Her mother was extremely kind to her.
- India is a country of democracy.
- Rich people use precious things.
- The teacher was teaching mathematics in the classroom.
- The employee was sacred of fire last night.
- He moved his men and materials.
- The earth moves around the sun.
- He said, “Our company is progressing day by day.”
- The team of doctors performed a heart operation and succeeded.
- The man you saved yesterday was a notorious thief.
- She bought some balloons for her child from the store yesterday.
- He visited an old monument of his City.
- Do you know where is the Taj Mahal located?
- I have never received his letter before.
- A computer plays an important role in our life.
- Your son passed his exam with excellent marks.
- This boy is going to be a good doctor.
- Last year we visited the highest mountain in Asia.
- He asked me a very difficult question about mathematics.
- We have got a new dress that the tailor has made for us.
- My kids are learning how to make a kite.
- He passed the term examination last year.
- Our Earth is a unique planet because it has water.
- A village was very important as most people live there.
- I put my raincoat on the table but now it is not there.
- On the last Saturday, our team won the final football match.
- Have you ever seen a big colourful and beautiful peacock?
- There is a big and nice canteen in our school.
- People who are wearing tickets at the counters.
- The boys are playing the match in the park.
- She is playing hockey with his friends.
- Do you know how to make a kite?
- She has been repairing the car for 2 hours.
- Do you not like this flowers?
- Are you coming by train?
- She didn’t open the door.
- The man was running after a thief.
- The thief tried to break into the house.
- The laptop study was out of order.
- The man does not help strangers.
- I will have reached my village by three o’clock.
- She hasn’t sing a song yet.
- When I reached her home she was eating an apple.
- Are you learning English with this website.
- Parts of Speech Exercises
- Tense Definition and Types
- Examples of Present Indefinite Tense
- Examples of Present Continuous Tense
- Noun Exercises
- Pronoun Exercises
- Adjective Exercises
- Verb Exercises
- Adverb Exercises
- Preposition Exercises
- Conjunction Exercises
What are the examples of nouns?
We know that a noun is the name of a person, place, bird, animal, day, month or thing etc. For example; George, Book, Pen, Car, Bus, Trees,
We can say that a noun is a name of something that can be seen or touched. Noun works as a subject or object in the sentences. The examples of noun in sentences are given below;
Here are Examples of Nouns in Sentences:
1. Akbar was a great emperor .
2. The Taj Mahal is a beautiful monument.
3. An elephant is roaming outside .
4. She bought a car .
5. Suman is a good student .
6. The flock of sheep is grazing outside.
7. The crowd become angry .
8. The students are in the library .
9. My family is very big .
10. Iron is a strong metal .
11. Milk is good source of calcium .
12. Furniture is made of wood .
13. Cotten is a natural fibre .
14. Honesty is the best policy .
15. We have four books .
16. I have three pencils .
17. I have no sugar in my tea .
18. The grass here is very long .
19. Chapati is made of flour .
20. My two toys are with you .
21. Drink plenty of water everyday .
22. This is a bunch of grapes .
23. Parth drinks hot milk .
24. The teacher is in the class .
25. Poverty is a curse .
26. The elephant has great strength .
27. Birds fly in the sky .
28. Copper is used in making wires .
29. Milk is very useful for health .
30. My brother has one hundred rupees .
31. Wisdom is stronger than strength .
32. I saw a large crowd .
33. There are many temples in our city .
34. We have sold all orange .
35. The leaves of the tree were falling .
36. The children are sleeping in the room .
37. My name is Priyush . I live in Delhi .
38. He plays cricket .
39. She is a badminton player .
40. She does the work herself .
41. The flowers were brightly coloured .
42. They are my colony friends .
43. It is my new computer .
44. The boys work very hard .
45. A dog was barking at a night .
46. The mother gives milk to the children daily .
47. The policeman was brave .
48. The nurse treats the patients well .
49. The mother loves the children .
50. Rajesh worked all the afternoon .
51. Mukul bought a new refrigerator .
52. I myself spoke to my friend .
53. The rich man gave money to the needy .
54. The question was difficult .
55. The bright sun rose in the east .
56. We have a big house .
57. The kid ate little food .
58. There is little sugar left.
59. We have enough water.
60. The spider has eight legs.
61. January is the first month of the year.
62. That boy is our team captain.
63. The Indian silk is very famous.
64. Our family loves the Korean food.
65. The Banarasi sarees are very beautiful.
66. These birds sing sweet.
67. My dog is active.
68. Ashok was a great ruler.
69. We want some coffee.
70. It is a beautiful scenery.
71. The Indian army is brave.
72. The child can speak clearly.
73. He goes to the gym daily.
74. He reached the hotel early.
75. Raman is moving silently.
76. Dhoni played very well.
77. We know when he will move to the new city.
78. He come here twice in a day.
79. We never create trouble.
80. She always arrives late for yoga.
81. They never tell a lie.
82. We went to church yesterday.
83. Varun comes here daily.
84. Mona does not know me.
85. She is not willing to play Hockey.
86. This man can hardly hear
87. Manish is in the office.
88. The frog jumped into the pond.
89. We are playing with new bat.
90. Goats are under the tree.
91. The boys have not deposited fee.
92. Raghu does not obey us.
93. These vegetables are not fresh.
94. Ruchi plays with her friend.
95. The street dog bark at the stranger.
96. The new headmaster is very strict.
97. Niketan worked in a factory.
98. The elephants are eating sugarcane.
99. A thief was caught.
100. The Bible is the holy book of the Christians.
- Simple Present Tense Rules and Examples
- Present Continuous Tense Rules and Examples
- Present Perfect Tense Examples and Rules
- Present Perfect Continuous Tense Rules and Examples
- Simple Past Tense Examples with Rules
- Past Continuous Tense Rules and Examples
- Past Perfect Tense Rules and Examples
- Past Perfect Continuous Tense Rules and Examples
- Simple Future Tense (Future Indefinite Tense)
- Future Continuous