Last Updated on May 22, 2023 by Toppr Nation
Noun Exercises – Kinds, Singular/Plural, Gender and Case in English Grammar in PDF. Nouns exercises with their answers are given below. Read them and review your knowledge of nouns. Nouns are taught first in parts of speech.
You will get kinds of noun exercises, find the nouns exercises, complete the sentence exercises and feminine/masculine gender exercise in this post. All the exercises are free to access.
Noun Exercises – Kinds, Singular/Plural, Gender and Case Exercises
Exercise – 1 Identify nouns in the following sentences:
- Peter has revised his lessons.
- I have a watch.
- Your room is big.
- Gold is a precious metal.
- The boy is doing his work honestly.
- Kate doesn’t know me.
- Father called his son.
- The earth is round.
- People speak the truth.
- Do you remember your childhood?
- She has a house.
- Our apartment is very big.
- Cricket is a famous game in the world.
- English is spoken all over the world.
- The Tajmahal is a beautiful building.
- Why don’t you accept your mistake?
- Computer is an electronic device?
- Kids love to play.
- Dad goes to office on Monday.
- January is the first month of the year.
Also read –
Noun Exercise – 2
Exercise – 2 Determine whether each noun is a common noun or a proper noun.
- Sunday ______
- March ______
- Day ______
- Tuesday ________
- Street ________
- Dog ________
- Christmas ________
- America ________
- Doctor ________
- Road ________
Noun Exercise – 3
Write the kinds of noun of the following nouns:
- Statue of Liberty
Exercise – 4 Underline the common nouns in the following sentences.
- I saw a small box in the garden.
- Who is your father?
- Don’t make a noise here.
- Kate bought a pretty doll.
- Her brother is a doctor.
- I have a book.
- John hates mangoes.
- My computer is not working.
- I went to market by taxi.
- Here is an apple.
Exercise – 5 Underline the proper nouns in the given sentences.
- He was born in January.
- Rita met me at the station.
- Kate and Tony are going for a walk now.
- Mr. Sharma is reading a novel.
- I want to meet Mr. Mick.
- I have a holiday on Saturday.
- My birthday is on Tuesday.
- Mount Everest is the highest peak in the world.
- Lisa is an advocate.
- How do you celebrate Halloween?
- Examples of Present Indefinite Tense
- Simple Present Tense
- Present Continuous Tense
- Present Perfect Tense
Singular and Plural Noun Exercises
Exercise – 6 Write the plural forms of the following nouns:
Exercise – 7 Give the Masculine Gender of the following words:
- Parts of speech exercises
- A, An and the exercises
- Grammar exercises
- Kinds of noun exercises
- Nouns Exercises
- Pronoun Exercises
- Adjective Exercises
- Verb Exercises
- Common and Proper Noun Exercises
- Collective Noun Exercises
- Material and Abstract noun exercises
Noun is the important part of English Grammar. You can learn about places, things, ideas, animals, birds, rivers, mountains etc after learning. You will be able to identify the words whether they are common or proper nouns. A proper noun is always written with a capital letter. Dear readers, if you find any problem or error in the exercises, please feel free to contact us.