Last Updated on August 1, 2023 by Toppr Nation
CBSE English Grammar Exercises for Class 3 (English Worksheets). CBSE English Worksheets for class 3. Grammar Exercises For Class 3 CBSE. Worksheets and Grammar Exercises are available here in pdf also.
CBSE English Grammar Worksheets are very useful for class 3 students. These exercises and worksheets contain different types of questions like fill in the, matching, multiple choice questions, complete the following and Parts of Speech. The students of class 3 can use these exercises and worksheets to test their knowledge. Teachers and parents can download these worksheets for their children. It’s free.
CBSE English Grammar Exercises & Worksheets for Class 3
Arrange the words in alphabetical order
- mango, papaya, grapes
- helicopter, cycle, bike
- apple, nest, turnip
- bake, cake, make
- book, pen, cook
- man, hen, cock
- dumb, mint, rock
- skill, girl, night
- shrink, possible, ill
- unable, famous, mission
Class 3 CBSE Grammar Exercise 2
Class 3 english grammar exercises
Identify each type of sentence and write:
- Who was the first female prime minister? ____________________
- What a delicious cake you make?______________
- Please, put the stamped envelopes in this box.________________
- How sad he is looking._______________
- There were 63 newspapers in mumbai.____________
- Who were the first people to use paper money?__________
- Insert the diskette in this slot.________________
- What are you doing?______________
- May you live long!________________
- These vegetables are not fresh.______________
- Do not go inside.______________
- How is your health now?______________
- Bring him here._________________
- How nice it is here?________________
- Has Mahima brought her diary________________
- Sit down , Radha.__________________
- May god bless you!_________________
- Rani is good girl.__________________
- How are you today?________________
- Please , come in queue.________________
Q.2 Supply an appropriate end mark for each sentence below
- Give me some examples[ ]
- What is a group of grapes called[ ]
- Has he ever heard of a leap of leopard[ ]
- What a great woman he is[ ]
- Look up the word in a dictionary , please[ ]
- Sneha got a gold medal yesterday[ ]
- We were not playing[ ]
- What do you like for breakfast[ ]
- She will write a letter[ ]
- The boys have not deposited fee[ ]
Q.3 On the line provided, lebel each sentence below assertive, interrogative, imperative or exclamatory. Then, show what punctuation is needed at the end of the sentence. One has been done for you.
- Have you ever been to England_______.————
- What is the population______. ————-
- Visit Kanha is the national park________. ———-
- Why is kashmir call the Paradise of the Earth_________. —————-
- 5. What are rocky coast this is________.————–
- 6. Shyam is a good man_________. ————
- 7. Why did he leave this school_______. ———
- 8. We do not obey us_________. ————
- 9. Are you coming to the fair________. ———-
- 10. Madhu does not play us_________. ———-
- 11. Seema is a police woman________. ———–
- 12. Karan was not talk to anyone______. ——–
- 13. What are you doing_________ . ————-
- 14. Do you give me a pen_________. ———-
- 15. Sit , down Akash_________. ————
- 16. Alas! My cat has runaway_________. ———
- 17. Do not pluck the flowers__________. ———-
- 18. What a wonderful idea!__________. ———–
- 19. Please , come in queue_______. ———–
- What a beautiful painting_______. ———-
CBSE English Grammar Exercises for Class 3 (English Worksheets)
CBSE Grammar Exercises for Class 3 (English Worksheets)
Underline the Common nouns and circle Proper Nouns in the sentences given below:
- Mrs Mohini brought her baby to the park.
- Telangana inter capital city of Hyderabad.
- Paris is one of the most beautiful cities in Europe.
- His new classmates game from Germany.
- We went to the zoo in Agra.
- Anshi likes her new book.
- Joy is her cousin.
- You bought some papers from A.H.Wheeler.
- You played with her sister.
- Mohit has a bag of chocolate.
- I have many books.
- Shahjahan was a great emperor of the city.
- We went to Appu water park.
- Mahima has a pen.
- Sita bought many books.
- Sakshi is a good athlete.
- Sohan lives in India.
- Mrs Menan is a very good teacher.
- Father took us to Shimla.
- Rajini bakes the best cookies in the town.
Q.2 Underline the Collective Nouns in each sentence.
- He shuffled the deck of cards.
- A pack of wolves circled the buffalo.
- I went to lunch with the first grade class.
- A pride of lions chased herd of zebras.
- The farmer captain gaggle of geese in the barnyard.
- We bought our father a bouquet of roses.
- The crowd cheered the team.
- The police are looking for a gang of thieves.
- This is a bunch of grapes.
- A herd of animals went missing.
Underline the noun in each sentence below. On the line next to the sentence , tell weather the noun is singular or plural.
- The tiger is running fast._________
- Four of the plates are round.________
- My grandfather is very kind________
- I gave her a nice gift._________
- Answer my question , please._________
- My chairs are broken.___________
- Have you seen my pencils?________
- This map is new._________
- Sparrow flew in the sky.___________
- There are many fish in pond.___________
Look at the underline words and fill in the blanks with a suitable masculine and feminine noun.
- The boy and _________the welcome their guests.
- The father and the ___________look after the passenger on the plane.
- Your grandfather and ____________ lived in Germany.
- The husband and the _______ had to children , a boy and a ______ .
- The son was eight and the ____________ was five.
- Brother and __________welcome to our party this evening.
- The manager is still a _____________.
- The daughter is more talkative than her____________.
- The lady has several ________ on the farm.
- In the movie, the tiger and ___________were killed by the heroine.
- My aunt and _______ visits her every weekend.
- Class 4 English Grammar Exercises
- Class 5 English Grammar Exercises
Q.1 Fill in the blanks with the help of personal pronouns.
- ________often reads a book late at night.
- _______is running up and down the stairs.
- ____is from Ireland.
- Have ____ got a dog , Mary?
- We enjoy the roses so much. ____ really live in up the garden.
- Have____got a computer?
- ______ are in the garden.
- Seema is my sister. ___ does not like sports.
- He asked, “Neha , do___want to go horse back riding?
- My name is Kunal. ___ am 10 years old.
- 11. Pratibha is my sister. ____ is a badminton player.
- ___ is my best friend.
- ____ is in the class.
- ____ is learning her lesson.
- My name is Piyush.___ live in Delhi.
- Kuldeep is my friend. ___plays brilliant cricket.
- My mother name is Mrs Seema. ____ is household.
- Your father name is Mr Kuldeep. ___ busy man.
- Madhu is very good girl. _____help poor.
- Your husband is a teacher. ___ care of his mother.
Q.1 Fill in the blanks with a or an.
- Madhu is ___ famous football player.
- Megha is ___ hard working student.
- Is rohan ___ smart man?
- A lion is ___ animal.
- Is coffee ___ beneficial drink?
- This is ___ pencil.
- Sheetal is ___ good girl.
- Mohit is ___ fisherman.
- Angel is ___ actress.
- Kareena kapoor is ___ heroine.
Q.2 Fill in the blanks with suitable articles.
- You have ___ beautiful garden. ___ gardens is full of roses.
- Is fencing ___ popular sport in ____ world? No,it is not.
- You would like___ glass of orange juice please.
- Can you give him ___envelope, please? Certainly.Oh! Where is___ envelope?
- Is there ___ post office near here?
- You are at ___ cinema.
- My sister is in ____ classroom.
- Would he like ____ hamburger?
- Sita has got ___ cat. What is ___ cat’s name.
- ___ school is very cold. Has not it got ____ central heating system?
Q.1 Circle the adjective in each sentence. Underline the noun that it describes.
- The magical tiger cast a spell on the cat.
- The dragon in the sky was scary.
- The seagull flew in the sky.
- The giants standing by the tree is angry.
- The wicked witch was flying on a broom stick.
- Three giants live in the countryside.
- The monster under my bed is furry.
- It is a windy day.
- The books were on the top shelf.
- Do you like it milkshake?
Q.1 Draw is circle around the action verb in each sentence right on the line weather there is in past tense , present tense or future tense.
- Mohit will choose a baseball bat.
- The pictures tossed the ball.
- Hemmon will swing hard.
- The ball struck the bat.
- The ball flies through the air.
- It landed over the fence.
- The crowd screams loudly.
- Aaron will around the bases.
- Abraham’s teammates cheered.
- Alexander smiled proudly.
Q.1 Complete the sentences with the suitable adverb
Slowly carefully, beautifully, well, loudly, carelessly, easily, excitedly, finally, suddenly, quickly, quietly
- Come here _____________ . you have to see this!
- We knew that she had got the job when we saw her ______________ talking on the phone.
- He _______________ put the ways on the table. It fell to the floor.
- Saran is throwing a party on saturday. She ______________ finished her Phd.
- Let’s walk ______________. I do not want to be the first one at the meeting.
- Alex _________________ photo of the bookshelves. It was too difficult for me to do on my own.
- Everything happened so _______________ . We had to move to california in less than a month.
- Why does he always have to talk so ________________ . You can hear him in the next room!
- Although she speaks 5 languages, she did not do _________________ on the translation exam.
- I was so surprised. Is new apartment was __________________ decorated.
Q.1 Fill in the blanks with the preposition of place.
- He is swimming ____________ the river.
- Where is julie? She is __________ school.
- The plant is ____________ the table.
- There is a spider ____________ the bathroom.
- Please put those apples _________ the bowl.
- Frank is ____________ holiday for 3 weeks.
- There are two pockets _____________ this bag.
- I read the story ___________ the newspaper.
- The cat is sitting ______________ the chair.
- Lucky was standing ______________ the bus stop.
Fill in the blanks with correct conjunctions:
- They ate ____ drank. (And/or)
- He will be here on Monday ___ Tuesday
- She is small strong. (but/and)
- I was tired ___ I went to sleep. (so/and)
- I did not go for swimming ___________ it was raining. (Because/and)
- They asked for coffee, ________ they did not get any. ( and/or)
- It was cloudy and cold, ________ it did not snow. (and/ or)
- Lee can speak Spanish _________ her sister can speak French.( And/ or)
- The TV is on, _________ we are not watching it. ( and / or)
- She about a new dress, _______ he brought a new shoes. (and/or)
- English Grammar Exercises
- UKG English Worksheets
- CBSE English Grammar Exercises for class 1
- CBSE English Grammar Exercises for class 2
- Class 6 English Grammar Exercises
- Class 7 English Grammar Worksheets and Exercises
- Parts of Speech Exercises
- Common and Proper Noun Exercises
- English Grammar Exercises and Worksheets For class 8