Last Updated on August 1, 2023 by Toppr Nation
CBSE English Grammar Exercises and Worksheets For Class 5 with answers. Class 5 English Worksheets of English Grammar. Important Grammar Exercises for Class fifth.
English Grammar Exercises and Worksheets are very important for class 5 students. These grammar worksheets are prepared according to the cbse board syllabus. So students can test their grammar knowledge by solving these English Grammar worksheets.
CBSE English Grammar Exercises and Worksheets For Class 5
Q. 1 Choose Subject and Predicate from the following sentences.
1. We shall play a match tomorrow.
2. My father sold you his old house last year.
3. My grandmother told me a story.
4. My elder brother has failed.
5. That white cow is very old .
6. Those boys standing in the corner are very naughty.
7. My elder sister has passed her B.A. exam.
8. Walking in the morning is good for health.
9. A white elephant was running in the jungle.
10. Some brave boys were rewarded.
11. He plays badminton well.
12. The boy stood on the burning deck.
13. My elder brother made a house.
14. The street dogs bark at the strangers.
15. The elephants are eating sugarcane.
16. Ruchi place with her friends.
17. My son is very young.
18. The new headmaster is very strict.
19. His brother is a doctor.
20. Niketan worked in a factory.
Q. 2 Underline the nouns in the following sentences and write their kinds.
1. The Bible is the holy book of the Christians.
2. The Taj Mahal is a beautiful monument.
3. Akbar was a great emperor.
4. An elephant is roaming outside.
5. A frock of sheep went missing.
6. Furniture is made of wood.
7. A beauty of the Taj is worth seeing.
8. The Students are in the library.
9. Milk is a good source of calcium.
10. Honesty is the best policy.
11. The bag is made of leather.
12. I always speak the truth.
13. Starts shine in the night.
14. This soldiers were rewarded for their bravery .
15. The teacher is taking a class .
16. A fox saw a bunch of grapes .
17. He made ice cream from milk.
18. I gave her a ring of gold.
19. Are you suffering from fever?
20. You have a great strength.
- Use of Is, Am and Are
- Use of Was and Were
- Use of Has and Have
- Use of Had
- Use of Do and Does
- Tense Exercises with Answers
Class 5 Grammar Exercises – 2
Q. 1 Make the plural of the following words:
Q. 2 Fill in the blanks with adjective:
1. I bought a ______ phone.
2. The boy was ________.
3. The _______ man give money to the needy.
4. The question was _________.
5. The ________ sun rose in the East.
6. We have a ______ house.
7. The kid ate _________ food.
8. There were _________ audience in the hall .
9. We have ________ water.
10. Rajesh worked _____ the afternoon.
11. ________the oil has spilt over the floor.
12. There is _______ sugar left.
13. The Spider has _______________.
14. ___________ boy is our team captain.
15. January is the _______ month of the year.
16. __________ birds sing sweet.
17. ___________ citizen must obey the law.
18. The ___________ sarees are very beautiful.
19. Our family loves the _______ food.
20. ____________ fruit do you like most?
English Grammar Exercise – 3
Q. 1 Fill in the blanks with Pronoun:
1. The man ______ does not work must starve.
2. He plays the game_______ he likes best.
3. My uncle _______ I love ,is dead.
4. A lady ______ I know has nursed this child.
5. It is only donkey _________ Bray.
6.The Servant _________ is honest is trusted.
7. Eat anything_________ you like.
8. The time _________ is lost is lost forever.
9. This is best _________ I can do.
10. Man is the only animal ________ can talk.
11. I know to_______ you are referring.
12. _________ is this book?
13. ________ broke the window?
14. ___________ do you want to see?
15. _______________is your house?
16. Do good to ___________.
17. She does the work ___________.
18. He wrote the letter ___________.
19. ________ are very easy sums.
20. ___________ is looking for you.
Q. 2 Underline the verbs in the following sentence:
1. She found her husband asleep.
2. Ramesh called his cousins a liar.
3. The judge found his guilty.
4. Some boys are playing in the field.
5. He has not done his work today.
6. We should obey our teachers.
7. Write a letter to your mother.
8. Mr. Verma teachers him grammar.
9.The Driver stopped the train.
10. My parents named me Munna.
11. The washerman has gone out.
12. Rana Pratap was very courageous.
13. They will bath in the river.
14. The judge found him innocent.
15. The boys made his captain.
16. Your left the work incomplete.
17. The teacher has taught me Hindi.
18. The chose him their leader.
19. He has done his work.
20. The Doctor declared him fit.
- Parts of Speech Exercises
- Collective Nouns Exercises
- Common and Proper Noun Exercises
- Material and Abstract Noun Exercises
- Noun Exercises
- Articles Exercises
Exercise – 4
Q. 1 Change the following direct speech sentences into indirect:
1. He said to me, “I shall not teach you.”
2. You said to, “You have fever.”
3. Mohan said to Sheela, “You are my sister.”
4. The principal says, “Mr. Sharma loves his students.”
5. I said,”She is singing a song”.
6. The teacher said, “He is an obedient boy.”
7. The child will say, “I am very hungry.”
8. You said to me, “You are my best friend.”
9. My father said to me, “I shall teach you English.”
10. She said to me, “I shall give you a book.”
11. He said to him, “it is not raining outside today.”
Q. 2 Change the following Active Voice and Passive Voice:
1. I am writting a letter.
2. You teach my younger brother.
3. She does not sing a song.
4. Mohan is not reading the book.
5. You are buying book.
6. You have not done the work.
7. You have not stolen the bag.
8. My mother loves me very much.
9. You do not beat your servent.
10. The boy flies a kite.
11. I cannot drive this car.
12. You should respect your parents.
13. Do it now.
14. Let me read this book.
15. Please help the poor.
16. Kindly do not stop the car.
17. He is washing his clothes today.
18. The girls are solving the puzzle.
19. We were not opening the door.
20. Why do you beat him?
Class 5 English Grammar and Worksheet – Exercise – 5
Q.1 Fill in the blanks with articles A , An or the:
- _______ Weak man
- _______ Euphoria
- _______ University
- _______ Table
- _______ Inkpot
- _______ Gangas
- _______ Taj Mahal
- _______ Honest boy
- _______ European
- _______ Temple
- _______ Inkpot
Q. 2 Fill in the blanks with correct the auxiliary verb:
- The board _______ revised the syllabus. (has ,have)
- The audience __________ getting restive. (was,were)
- A large number of people ___________ applied for the job. ( has,have)
- The majority of the students ________ boys. (is, are)
- The public _______ tired of strike and agitation. (is, are)
- Twenty – five years _________a long period. ( is , are )
- Either Ravi aur his friends ________ done it . ( have,has)
- Nobody , not even the members , __________ present . ( were,was)
- Every man , woman and child in the town __________ vaccinated . ( has been , have been)
- I ________ ride my bike when I was ten. (can’t/couldn’t)
- We _________ not disobey our parents. (should/may)
- She _________ not like her friends. (is/does)
- I don’t _______ one thousand years. (has/have)
- An old man _______ not walk without his stick. (couldn’t/can’t)
- The man ________ not open his shop yesterday.
- UKG English Worksheets
- CBSE English Worksheets for Class 1
- CBSE English Worksheets for Class 2
- CBSE English Worksheets for Class 3
- CBSE English Worksheets for Class 4
- CBSE English Grammar Worksheets and Exercises for class 6
- Class 7 CBSE English Grammar Exercises with Answers
- Class 8 English Grammar Exercises and Worksheets